February 19, 2017

Why:

People wonder
what’s wrong with me.
Why do I have
that faraway look in my eye?
They say I have
too much time on my hands,
I have better things to do.
They tell me they see
no good reason for my inquiries.
As I ask myself
why is it this way or that?
Yes I’ve seen stars 
bright in the night sky 
that are long dead
before man took his first breath.
In a cup of coffee
I’ve seen galaxy’s spinning
then slowly die and
witnessed the heartbeat
of our own planet.
On an orange I’ve watched
the fate of our earth
played out in just days.
Still they ask
what is wrong with me
because I’ve watched
a leaf dance to its death
and asked which one
they thought was next.
Who then is insane?
Me or those standing around
in dark glasses and ear plugs
letting the wonders of life
pass them by.
Is it because they fear
that others might point 
a finger at them and whisper.
Crazy!

2 comments:

Snaggle Tooth said...

Crazy is in the eye of the observer... To notice n compare is only creative. To see the large in the small metaphoric not lastlunatic. Never wondering or asking, that's disturbing. Believe what they say? never!

desk49 said...

Snaggle Tooth:
But do we not judge only from our own point of view.